Chelsea pair Juan Mata and David Luiz could miss out against Swansea
Friday 02 November 2012
Juan Mata and David Luiz could both miss Chelsea's Barclays Premier League trip to Swansea after suffering injuries in their epic Capital One Cup victory over Manchester United.
Mata (hamstring) and Luiz (ankle) both played 120 minutes in Wednesday night's 5-4 extra-time victory and could leave the European champions short in attack and defence at the Liberty Stadium.
Ashley Cole returns from an ankle knock and Fernando Torres and Branislav Ivanovic are back from suspension, but Frank Lampard (calf) remains out and John Terry serves the final instalment of his four-match ban for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.
Provisional squad: Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand, Mikel, Romeu, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Piazon, Marin, Sturridge, Torres, Turnbull.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage