Chelsea pair Juan Mata and David Luiz could miss out against Swansea
Friday 02 November 2012
Juan Mata and David Luiz could both miss Chelsea's Barclays Premier League trip to Swansea after suffering injuries in their epic Capital One Cup victory over Manchester United.
Mata (hamstring) and Luiz (ankle) both played 120 minutes in Wednesday night's 5-4 extra-time victory and could leave the European champions short in attack and defence at the Liberty Stadium.
Ashley Cole returns from an ankle knock and Fernando Torres and Branislav Ivanovic are back from suspension, but Frank Lampard (calf) remains out and John Terry serves the final instalment of his four-match ban for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.
Provisional squad: Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand, Mikel, Romeu, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Piazon, Marin, Sturridge, Torres, Turnbull.
Latest in Sport
Tony Bellew vs Nathan Cleverly: Bellew takes his revenge with points win over Cleverly
Perth midfielder Ruben Zadkovich sent off 17 seconds after coming on against Wellington
England vs Samoa match report: England finally end losing streak as Jonny May stars in win ahead of Wallabies showdown
WWE Survivor Series 2014: Start time and full match card
Arsenal vs Manchester United report: Wayne Rooney and a Kieran Gibbs own goal make Gunners rue missed chances
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track