Chelsea sign new shirt deal worth £18m a season
Friday 07 September 2012
Chelsea have renewed their shirt sponsorship with Samsung until the end of the 2014-2015 season.
The deal is said to be worth around £18million a year to the European champions.
A Chelsea spokesman said: "Samsung have exercised their right to extend their deal which will see them remain as a premium partner of the club until the end of May 2015."
The Korean electronics firm waited until after Chelsea's Champions League win to take up its option.
Earlier this summer, Barclays Premier League rivals Manchester United announced a deal with General Motors which will see its Chevrolet brand become the club's shirt sponsor in 2014 in what is said to be worth some £50million a season.
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile