Darren Fletcher completes 90 minutes for Manchester United Under-21 team
The midfielder is nearing a first-team return after a chronic bowel complaint
Friday 08 November 2013
Darren Fletcher completed the first full 90 minutes of his comeback in Manchester United's 1-0 Under-21 defeat by Stoke this afternoon.
Fletcher is fighting his way back to fitness after being laid low by a chronic bowel complaint.
Although the Scot is still believed to be some way short of a return to first team duty, manager David Moyes was on hand to watch the majority of a game that was switched to United's AON Training Complex at short notice.
Fletcher came through the contest - which also featured Fabio and Wilfried Zaha - unscathed, although striker Will Keane lasted only a couple of minutes after suffering a nasty cut to his head.
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut