Darren Fletcher completes 90 minutes for Manchester United Under-21 team
The midfielder is nearing a first-team return after a chronic bowel complaint
Friday 08 November 2013
Darren Fletcher completed the first full 90 minutes of his comeback in Manchester United's 1-0 Under-21 defeat by Stoke this afternoon.
Fletcher is fighting his way back to fitness after being laid low by a chronic bowel complaint.
Although the Scot is still believed to be some way short of a return to first team duty, manager David Moyes was on hand to watch the majority of a game that was switched to United's AON Training Complex at short notice.
Fletcher came through the contest - which also featured Fabio and Wilfried Zaha - unscathed, although striker Will Keane lasted only a couple of minutes after suffering a nasty cut to his head.
Newcastle winger is in Argentina having chemotherapy
Returning to the stage after 20 years makes actress feel 'nauseous'
Man's attempt to avoid being impounded heavily criticised
Latest in Sport
Manchester United official team photo: Antonio Valencia and Anderson pull the funniest faces
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Five things we learnt, including Danny Welbeck must be more clinical and Hector Bellerin debut
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Liverpool 2 Ludogorets 1 player ratings
Luis Suarez has given Liverpool's opponents more hope, says former striker Michael Owen
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Watch a man race the Circle line - and win
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute