David Beckham says Manchester City have 'no chance' of winning Premier League
Tuesday 29 November 2011
David Beckham believes Manchester City have no chance of winning the Barclays Premier League title this season.
Roberto Mancini's expensively-assembled side currently sit top of the table, five points clear after 13 games. Yet former Manchester United favourite Beckham insists his old side will overhaul their neighbours.
"I don't think Manchester City have a chance," the former England captain, currently in Indonesia for the Los Angeles Galaxy's Asian tour, reportedly told local media.
"This season they have got a good team and have some good players, but Manchester United have more experience and know how to win a championship."
Beckham, linked with a move to Paris St Germain as he considers his future, admitted he has "a big decision to make" but would not be drawn on his plans.
Latest in Sport
Berbatov flees Bulgaria following kidnap threat
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener 'fights for his life'
Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund player ratings: Who was the star man at the Emirates? Alexis Sanchez? Santi Cazorla? Or Yaya Sanogo?
Phil Hughes: A swashbuckling, raw and talented batsman who had the world at his feet
Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund match report: Yaya Sanogo and Alexis Sanchez are on target as Gunners secure impressive victory
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict