Wolverhampton Wanderers have warned Coventry City that Sam Vokes will be loaned to another club if delays continue to hinder the striker's move to the Ricoh Arena.
The two clubs have agreed terms for the teenager but the deal has yet to be completed, despite the City manager Chris Coleman stating on Monday he was confident it would soon be finalised.
"We're surprised it's taken so long," the Wolves chief executive, Jez Moxey, said. "The finances were agreed two weeks ago, but if their circumstances have changed then that would explain the delay. If they can't complete the deal then it's no hassle, we have one or two other teams interested."
Leicester City have been dealt a blow with the news that Aleksandar Tunchev requires another knee operation. The Bulgaria defender only recently returned after eight months out following cruciate ligament surgery.
Nigel Pearson, the City manager, stressed it was not a recurrence of that problem but the 28-year-old is set to go under the knife again shortly. "Tunch is going to need another knee operation and he will have it as soon as possible," Pearson said. "It isn't a recurrence, it is something that needs tidying up and hopefully he won't be out for too long."
Lincoln City have confirmed that their first-team coach Simon Clark has left the League Two club by mutual consent.
Clark had been acting as caretaker manager since the dismissal of Peter Jackson at the start of the month, but following the appointment of the former Celtic, Norwich and Blackburn striker Chris Sutton as the new manager he has departed.
Clark was interviewed for the manager's job and the club went on record as stating they hoped he could remain at Sincil Bank should his application be unsuccessful.
However Sutton, who officially began his role yesterday, wishes to work with his own backroom team. A statement on Lincoln's website read: "Simon Clark leaves the club by mutual consent and we thank him for his efforts during his time at Sincil Bank."
Clark's final game in charge ended disappointingly with a 3-0 home defeat to Notts County.
The Cheltenham Town defender Shane Duff is set to miss the next six months after undergoing an Achilles operation.
The 27-year-old, who has made four league appearances this season and not played since August, consulted a specialist after a programme of non-surgical treatment failed to resolve the problem and he underwent surgery yesterday morning.
"This is a big blow for Shane and everybody at our club, especially in his testimonial season," he told the club's website.
"Shane has been a top-class professional and this injury has plagued him for a while. Hopefully this operation will clear it up once and for all. We will face up to it and deal with it, as I have no doubt Shane will do."Reuse content