Diamanti 'on verge' of West Ham move
Tuesday 25 August 2009
Livorno president Aldo Spinelli claims striker Alessandro Diamanti is on the verge of a move to West Ham.
The 26-year-old scored 16 goals last season in Serie B, including a vital three strikes in the promotion play-offs.
Spinelli said: "It's practically a done deal.
"It was right to give the player the possibility to test himself in a different environment.
"After several years at Livorno, he deserves the chance to take a step forward in his career."
Diamanti joined Livorno in the summer of 2007 and is under contract with the Tuscan outfit for a further four years.
The player said yesterday that a transfer to Upton Park would "change my life and make me take a leap in quality".
Latest in Sport
- 1 Should Apple buy Greece?
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Drummer Lee Rigby's family reject 'extremist' groups using Woolwich murder for political gain
- 4 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 5 Fox News anchor asks 'what's to prevent' three people from marrying after same-sex marriage legalised
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato