DJ Campbell joins Blackpool
Tuesday 31 August 2010
Blackpool have re-signed striker DJ Campbell from Leicester and this time on a permanent basis.
Campbell had a successful loan spell at Blackpool last season and hit a hat-trick in the play-off semi-final victory over Nottingham Forest.
He returned to Leicester and looked set to remain with the Foxes, despite Blackpool manager Ian Holloway confirming he was keen to recruit the former Birmingham frontman.
Holloway secured the deal he had been chasing just before the transfer window closed, to Campbell's delight.
The 28-year-old said: "I'm over the moon, I'm delighted. It feels like I've got unfinished business, everyone knows how much I love Blackpool.
"I wanted to come back and I'm just delighted that it's been made possible."
Blackpool earlier signed 19-year-old winger Matt Phillips from Wycombe for an initial fee of £325,000, which could rise to about £700,000 with the Seasiders paying a further six-figure sum should they remain in the Barclays Premier League this season.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United 0 Liverpool 3: 'We're upset we didn't score more goals,' admits Steven Gerrard
Manchester United 0 Liverpool 3: 'That was my worst day in football,' concedes Wayne Rooney
Tottenham Hotspur 0 Arsenal 1 match report: Tomas Rosicky rocket leaves Spurs in Arsenal’s slip-stream
Manchester United 0 Liverpool 3 match report: Steven Gerrard scores twice from the spot to punish the woeful champions at Old Trafford
Manchester United 0 Liverpool 3 player ratings: Who scored highest - Steven Gerrard or Luis Suarez?
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say