Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini to miss QPR match
Friday 19 October 2012
Everton will be without Marouane Fellaini for Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash with QPR, but manager David Moyes is optimistic the midfielder will not be sidelined for too long.
Fellaini, who has been one of the most impressive players in the league this season, suffered a knee injury against Wigan two weeks ago and missed out on international duty with Belgium.
He could be fit for next weekend's Merseyside derby as could Tony Hibbert (calf), but Darron Gibson (thigh) is likely to be out for longer while short-term signing Thomas Hitzlsperger will not yet be considered.
Provisional squad: Howard, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Neville, Pienaar, Osman, Jelavic, Mucha, Gueye, Heitinga, Anichebe, Mirallas, Naismith, Oviedo, Coleman, Vellios.
Latest in Sport
Revealed: The most unwatchable Premier League teams of the 2014/15 season
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Michel Platini to consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election
Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Per Mertesacker credits yoga for helping him get back to best
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote