Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini to miss QPR match
Friday 19 October 2012
Everton will be without Marouane Fellaini for Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash with QPR, but manager David Moyes is optimistic the midfielder will not be sidelined for too long.
Fellaini, who has been one of the most impressive players in the league this season, suffered a knee injury against Wigan two weeks ago and missed out on international duty with Belgium.
He could be fit for next weekend's Merseyside derby as could Tony Hibbert (calf), but Darron Gibson (thigh) is likely to be out for longer while short-term signing Thomas Hitzlsperger will not yet be considered.
Provisional squad: Howard, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Neville, Pienaar, Osman, Jelavic, Mucha, Gueye, Heitinga, Anichebe, Mirallas, Naismith, Oviedo, Coleman, Vellios.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle