Everton v Manchester United: Wayne Rooney to return for clash at Goodison Park
Rooney began his professional career at Goodison Park
Friday 18 April 2014
Wayne Rooney is set to be available for Manchester United against his former team Everton on Sunday.
Rooney returned to full training for the first time since the 3-1 Champions League quarter-final defeat at Bayern Munich at Carrington this week, when he played the full 90 minutes with a suspected chipped toe, although it appears that he suffered no more than heavy bruising.
For David Moyes, it will be his first return to Goodison Park, since he was elected by Sir Alex Ferguson to be his replacement last summer. Moyes must also make a decision on another former Toffees' player, Marouane Fellaini, who has recovered from a calf injury.
Rooney began his career at Everton, bursting on the scene aged 16 in 2002 before signing for United in August 2004 for £28m.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Daley Blind admits United must 'play our best game' to get a result at Old Trafford
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 As an ex prostitute, I urge all the political parties to commit to the Sex Buyer Law
- 2 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 3 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years