Harry Redknapp has avoided sanction from the Football Association following his comments about referee Mark Clattenburg following Tottenham's 2-0 defeat to Manchester United at the weekend.
Tottenham manager Redknapp described Clattenburg's decision to allow Luis Nani's 84th-minute goal to stand as "scandalous" after Spurs goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes had put the ball down in his area believing his team had won a free-kick.
The Spurs manager stood by his comments yesterday and threatened not to attend match-day press conferences if he was punished.
Press Association Sport understands, however, that Redknapp's threat had no bearing on the FA's decision only to warn Redknapp about his future conduct and that his comments in their totality had been taken into account.
Speaking yesterday Redknapp denied calling Clattenburg's integrity into question but still repeated his accusation that the referee and his officials colluded to get their story straight.
"What I said is that when they get in their room, and I've said it before, that they would always make sure that they sing from the same hymn sheet," he said.
"Mr Clattenburg, in private, has said to somebody that I know, for a fact, that he made a mess, really. When the reports go in, all the assistants back up Mark Clattenburg.
"They all get together and make a decision - it's a fact. If it's a fact which people don't like, what can I do about that? It's a fact."
The news comes just hours before Redknapp will lead his side into their crunch Champions league match with Inter Milan at White Hart Lane.
Spurs sit second in Group A and will join the Italian and European champions on points with victory tonight.
The FA's decision also means the 63-year-old Redknapp can focus on Barclays Premier League visit to Bolton on Saturday.