Fabio Borini injury adds to Liverpool's striker crisis
Friday 12 October 2012
The Italian Football Federation confirmed last night that Liverpool striker Fabio Borini has suffered a fractured right foot.
Borini, who was training with the Under-21 side ahead of today's European Championship qualifier against Sweden, went for an MRI scan, which revealed the injury.
The news will be a major blow to Liverpool's manager, Brendan Rodgers, who has only one recognised senior striker in Luis Suarez. Borini, a £10.5m signing from Roma in July, has played 10 matches for Liverpool this season, scoring just once – in the Europa League.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Latest in Sport
Liverpool fans applaud Cristiano Ronaldo after master-class for Real Madrid, despite his Manchester United ties
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker forced into hospital ahead of Manchester United clash - reports
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters