Galatasaray sign Neill from Everton
Thursday 14 January 2010
Everton defender Lucas Neill is to join Turkish club Galatasaray after this weekend's Premier League fixture against Manchester City.
The 31-year-old defender only agreed a one-year deal with the Toffees in September after becoming a free agent when his contract ended at West Ham in the summer, making 15 appearances.
The Australia international admitted he had not been expecting to leave Goodison Park.
"The move has come as a surprise to me," he said on the club's website, evertonfc.com.
"I'd like to thank the staff and fans but most of all my team-mates for making my time at Everton very enjoyable. I am pleased to have had a positive impact on the team and the club and wish them every success for the future."
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Missing out on Tottenham job was a 'close shave', says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend