Gallery: Santi Cazorla ankle injury adds to lengthy absentee list for Arsenal
The Gunners are without eight first-team squad members ahead of their Champions League opener against Marseille
Monday 16 September 2013
Arsenal may sit top of the Premier League for now, but they are doing so with a number of first-team regulars absent through injury, and a whole host of squad players also missing.
As it stands, the Gunners are missing eight squad players, as well as youngster Gedion Zelalem who was ruled out for 6-8 weeks just days before potentially making his debut.
And with questions over Olivier Giroud’s fitness ahead of the trip to Marseille to open up their Champions League campaign, we take a look at the club’s rather lengthy injury list and when they could make their return.
Click HERE or ‘VIEW GALLERY’ to launch our guide to the current Arsenal injury list.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'