Gareth Bale returns for Tottenham's match against Stoke
Premier League team news
Friday 21 December 2012
Gareth Bale has recovered from his hamstring injury and is available for Tottenham's Barclays Premier League game against Stoke tomorrow.
Scott Parker continued his comeback from an Achilles problem with a run-out in the under-21s on Monday and could feature against the Potters while fellow long-term injury victim Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) was due to have a test today to see if he is fit enough to play.
Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring) was also due to face a fitness test. Defender Younes Kaboul (knee) is out but Michael Dawson is fit again after missing the last three games with a hamstring injury.
Provisional squad: Friedel, Lloris, Gomes, Cudicini, Walker, Naughton, Assou-Ekotto, Gallas, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Bale, Falque, Carroll, Mason, Livermore, Sandro, Huddlestone, Dembele, Parker, Dempsey, Adebayor, Defoe.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us