Givet returns to face Albion
Wednesday 14 December 2011
The Blackburn Rovers defender Gaël Givet trained yesterday and is expected to be in contention to face West Bromwich Albion on Saturday despite suffering from heart palpitations in the 2-1 defeat at Sunderland on Sunday.
Blackburn have refuted reports of money problems after Barclays Bank demanded a £10m injection from owners Venky's. Finance director Karen Silk said: "There is no financial crisis and there is absolutely no danger to the players' and staff's wages."
Latest in Sport
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women