Hamburg coach reveals interest in Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt
Tuesday 01 May 2012
Hamburg coach Thorsten Fink has described Liverpool's Dutch forward Dirk Kuyt as a "class" player.
Kuyt, 31, has a year to go on his current deal at Anfield but there is speculation he could leave the club in the summer after six years in England.
Fink, who has steered Hamburg to Bundesliga safety after the club endured a dreadful start to the season, is a big admirer of the former Feyenoord man.
He told www.kicker.de: "He has class, and he is also a fighter. There is nothing more that needs to be said about the quality of this player. Whether this is something we feel we want to commit to, we will see."
Fink's comments follow similar sentiments from the club's technical director Frank Arnesen a couple of weeks ago.
"A player like Kuyt, who is still in good shape, can add something to any team," the Dane told Bild.
"He is a real team player with an excellent attitude."
Latest in Sport
Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
CM Punk 'never ever ever' returning to WWE (so he probably will)
Tottenham and Arsenal in battle for Douglas Costa? Brazil forward opens up Shakhtar Donetsk exit possibility
Manchester United transfer news: Completed summer deals
James Rodriguez joins Real Madrid: World Cup top scorer completes £63m move
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains