Harry Redknapp eyes reunion with Joe Cole at QPR
Former England international has found chances limited at Liverpool
Thursday 29 November 2012
Liverpool outcast Joe Cole is a loan target for the new Queen’s Park Rangers manager, Harry Redknapp.
The 31-year-old midfielder has found first-team opportunities hard to come by at Anfield under Brendan Rodgers and Redknapp, who handed Cole his professional debut in 1998, will look to secure a deal in January until the end of the season. Cole has made just seven appearances so far this season for Liverpool.
A stumbling block in the deal for QPR, who sit bottom on the Premier League table, may be Cole’s £90,000-a-week wages.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Should Apple buy Greece?
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Drummer Lee Rigby's family reject 'extremist' groups using Woolwich murder for political gain
- 4 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 5 Fox News anchor asks 'what's to prevent' three people from marrying after same-sex marriage legalised
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato