Harry Redknapp today threatened the Football Association with a post-match media blackout if they charge him for his outspoken attack on referee Mark Clattenburg.
Press Association Sport understands the FA will make a decision tomorrow whether to examine Redknapp's criticism of Clattenburg in the wake of Tottenham's controversial Barclays Premier League defeat at Manchester United on Saturday.
The Spurs boss had been incensed at the official for electing not to chalk off Nani's late goal, which the winger scored while goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes believed he was preparing to take a free-kick.
Redknapp branded Clattenburg's decision "scandalous" but it was his suggestion the referee might "come up with a story that will make it all look right" that could land him in hot water.
Redknapp said today of the prospect of being charged: "If they want to make an issue of what I said then I'll make some issues as well - don't worry.
"Don't expect me to come out on the TV anymore - ever - and speak to the press after a game.
"Otherwise, what chance have we got?
"If you want me just to come and talk rubbish and say, 'No, it was a good decision, I'm quite happy with it', then don't bother to get me to come out after a game."
He added: "We shouldn't be dragged out onto TV two, three, four minutes after a game.
"I don't want to go on TV; I'd much rather stay in the dressing room with the players.
"But when I'm asked a question, I give a truthful answer.
"He made a right mess of it all, and that was my answer. And I stand by that 100%."
It is understood Redknapp's latest outburst will have no bearing on the FA's decision to investigate his earlier comments.
The irate Spurs boss still could not understand Clattenburg's decision almost 48 hours on from the incident.
He said: "I think Mark knows he made a mistake; I think he knows I know that he knows that he dealt with it not very well at the time."
Yet, Redknapp was uncertain referees should be forced to come out and explain their controversial decisions publicly.
"I didn't even go and ask the referee what happened on Saturday," he added.
"I didn't want to go knocking on his door; I didn't go and chase him on the pitch and shout and scream at him."
Redknapp stressed he was keen to move on from Saturday's events as his outburst threatened to completely overshadow this afternoon's press conference to preview Spurs' crucial Champions League clash with Inter Milan tomorrow night.
Describing the Group F match as a "massive game", Redknapp repeated the importance of avoiding another defeat against the European champions.
Urging the White Hart Lane crowd to play their part, he added: "We've got to set a high tempo, we've got to play the way we want to play and I think it'll be a great night's football."
Spurs' cause would be helped should new talisman Rafael van der Vaart complete his surprise recovery from a hamstring strain picked up at Old Trafford.
Redknapp said today the playmaker had "every chance" of being fit, while just as important will be the return of Tom Huddlestone after two games out with an ankle problem.
Goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini was backed to fill the void left by the suspension of Heurelho Gomes, with Redknapp saying: "It won't faze him at all; he's played in so many big games in the past."
The Spurs boss also refused to read anything into his battle of wits with former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, saying: "I think we all get carried away about managers and coaches.
"The players will be out there tomorrow playing and it's whether they perform.
"It's not a case of me trying to prove I'm cleverer than Rafa or anything else; it's a case of my centre-forward trying to prove he's better than their centre-half and our midfield winning the battle in there."
That is something Tottenham failed miserably to do in the first half of their 4-3 defeat at the San Siro two weeks ago.
But Gareth Bale's sensational second-half hat-trick salvaged some pride and a healthy slice of self-belief.
Redknapp said: "If we'd come away from there and it had been as bad as it looked at half-time, I think everything would've been very difficult.
"Getting beaten six or seven, it looked a real possibility after 45 minutes.
"For Gareth Bale to get such a fantastic hat-trick and to get some real respectability in the scoreline was very important for us."
While Redknapp was undecided on whether referees should be urged to rationalise decisions after matches, United captain Rio Ferdinand claims they should be given the chance to offer an explanation.
Ferdinand wrote on Twitter: "It would be great if refs were allowed to come out and clear up game issues after being able 2 watch replays. Would help clear the air..."Reuse content