Hart takes blame for Blackburn goal
Joe Hart has accepted full responsibility for the blunder that gifted Blackburn the opening goal in Manchester City's draw at Eastlands on Saturday.
After making such a massive impression in the first month of the season, and claiming the number one goalkeeping berth with England, Hart has suddenly shown signs of vulnerability.
The 24-year-old had a shaky 10-minute spell for his country in Switzerland last week and then got into a real tangle with Kolo Toure to present Nikola Kalinic with a tap-in.
As the player who had a far better view of the dangers that were lurking, Hart knows he should have taken control of the situation.
And he accepts the blame for the calamity lies with him.
"I got there and Kolo was about to head it. He heard me coming and left it," Hart told www.mcfc.co.uk.
"It was me getting in the way. I hold my hands up. I am sorry for that."
It is thought Hart will be taken out of the firing line for Thursday's Europa League group clash with Red Bull Salzburg in Austria, although he should be back for the Premier League trip to Wigan on Sunday.
"Defensively we feel as though we have made a decent start to the season," he said.
"We have still conceded only one goal from open play and that was a pretty freaky one."
With only one point from two games since the impressive win over Liverpool last month, City need to shake themselves from their slumbers pretty quickly.
Manager Roberto Mancini is expected to have Nigel de Jong and Gareth Barry back in his midfield on Thursday, when Wayne Bridge could also make his comeback from a broken foot.
Latest in Sport
Newcaslte vs Everton: Latest news and score plus the rest of today's Premier League action, including Manchester United and Chelsea reaction
Manchester United injury news: Angel Di Maria unlikely to face Spurs as Marouane Fellaini's 'mystery illness' turns out to be rib injury
Manchester City team news: Manuel Pellegrini hopes to have Vincent Kompany back for Burnley visit but hopes not to risk Stevan Jovetic
Arsenal transfer news: William Carvalho to be subject of £20m bid
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw renting £3.85m home from Cristiano Ronaldo
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 4 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk