I want to stay at Everton, vows Heitinga
Friday 24 August 2012
Everton defender John Heitinga is determined to stay at the club and fight for his first-team place.
The Dutch international was on the bench in Monday's 1-0 victory over Manchester United at Goodison Park and was sent on to shore things up with only a minute left on the clock.
There has been some speculation about the 28-year-old's future during the summer but, despite seemingly being behind Phil Jagielka and Sylvain Distin to play at centre-back, he is not looking for a way out.
"I will fight for my position and stay at Everton," said Heitinga in a question and answer session on Twitter yesterday. "Everton is a big club."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Latest in Sport
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant