In pictures: Arsenal players dress up as Samurai Warriors and make sushi on pre-season tour in Japan
Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker wield swords on pre-season tour
Arsene Wenger's prime concern this summer has been to add some cutting edge to his Arsenal team.
But having failed to sign Gonzalo Higuain and falling short with a bid for Luis Suarez, the current playing staff have instead provided a cutting edge in a more literal sense.
In the crusade to saturate 'growth markets' (i.e. sell more shirts) football clubs will get their players to do just about anything for a photo opportunity.
Hot off the heals of Manchester United promoting tomato juice, various Arsenal players on the club's tour of Asia have been dressing up as Samurai Warriors and making Sushi.
Check out the images by CLICKING HERE as the Gunners in no way reinforce stereotypes about Japan.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote