Injury woes plague Sunderland
Friday 13 May 2011
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will be without an entire starting XI for tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash with Wolves.
With loan signing Sulley Muntari having returned to parent club Inter Milan and Anton Ferdinand joining the casualty list with a hamstring problem, Bruce will struggle to fill the substitutes' bench even if he uses all his youngsters.
Craig Gordon, Titus Bramble, Michael Turner, David Meyler, Fraizer Campbell are all out with knee injuries, while Kieran Richardson (fractured fibula), Lee Cattermole (back), Asamoah Gyan and Danny Welbeck (both hamstring) remain on the sidelines. Marcos Angeleri is consulting a specialist in Argentina over his knee problem.
Provisional squad: Mignolet, Carson, Onuoha, Mensah, Bardsley, Riveros, Henderson, Malbranque, Elmohamady, Sessegnon, Zenden, Colback, Noble, Knott, Adams, Lynch.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'