Inter dismiss Drogba links
Inter Milan sporting director Marco Branca insists the club are not interested in signing Chelsea's Didier Drogba in January.
Ivory Coast international Drogba has struggled with injury and disciplinary issues this season and has been forced to play second fiddle to Nicolas Anelka at Stamford Bridge.
Speculation over a possible move to Serie A leaders Inter - and a reunion with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho - intensified last month when Drogba allegedly met Branca in a London restaurant.
But Branca is adamant the 30-year-old will not be moving to the San Siro when the transfer window reopens in the new year.
"There's no Drogba dream," he said on the club's official website, www.inter.it. "Inter already have numerous strikers that cover every role.
"Drogba has been at Chelsea for many years and is doing well there. We have our strikers that are also doing well here.
"It is just media speculation."
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions - player ratings
Liverpool close in on £6m Spanish winger Luis Alberto
In pictures: Royal Ascot 2013 - Opening day
Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
Italy Under-21s 2 Spain Under-21s 4 match report: Thiago Alcantara's hat-trick seals European Championship for Spanish youngsters
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf