Inter Milan intent on signing Chelsea duo
Monday 15 June 2009
Italian champions Inter Milan are hopeful of soon signing Chelsea duo Deco and Ricardo Carvalho, club president Massimo Moratti said today.
Midfielder Deco played for Inter coach Jose Mourinho at Porto where they won the 2004 Champions League while centre back Carvalho won two Premier League titles under his Portuguese compatriot at Chelsea.
"There is still no agreement with Chelsea but I think we will manage to find one shortly," Moratti told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"The coach has asked us for Deco and Carvalho and we are trying to make him happy. We want to take both of them and I'm pleased to see the two players want to come here."
The 31-year-old Deco, who only signed for the Londoners from Barcelona last year, has expressed his unhappiness at being given a bit-part role at Chelsea at the end of last season.
Moratti said Inter were also fans of Chelsea striker Didier Drogba but stopped short of saying they would again bid for the Ivorian.
Inter, in the process of buying Genoa striker Diego Milito and midfielder Thiago Motta, are trying to keep hold of Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the Sweden striker said he needed a new challenge.
Moratti has played down the chance of a swap deal with Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and said no offers had yet arrived for Serie A's top scorer last term.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers