Ivanovic appeal rejected by FA
Friday 13 April 2012
The Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic will miss Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham, after his appeal against a violent conduct charge was rejected by the Football Association.
The Serbian will serve a three-game ban, which includes league matches against Arsenal and QPR, after replays showed him striking Shaun Maloney in the stomach during last Saturday's win over Wigan.
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
Latest in Sport
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent