Jose Mourinho and Ramires charged by FA following Chelsea defeat to Sunderland
The Special One was furious after suffering his first home league defeat as Chelsea manager
Wednesday 23 April 2014
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, his assistant Rui Faria and midfielder Ramires have been charged by the Football Association for their actions in last Saturday's controversial loss to Sunderland.
The relegation-threatened Black Cats won the Premier League contest 2-1, ending Mourinho's 77-match unbeaten home league run with the Blues.
Mourinho could not hide his anger afterwards behind a sarcastic appraisal of the officials, while Faria was dismissed for angrily confronting the match officials.
Ramires avoided punishment at the time of his flailing arm striking Sebastian Larsson but now faces a retrospective punishment which could prematurely end his domestic season.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes head injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Robin van Persie says it's 'still possible' for Manchester United to win the Premier League title this season, but admits it will be 'very hard'
Sam Wallace: Players of Suarez’s standing just don’t sign for clubs like Liverpool
Lionel Messi transfer news: Manuel Pellegrini dismisses £200m Manchester City move for Barcelona star as 'rumours and only rumours'
Manchester United named Premier League's loudest fans despite late push by Chelsea according to 'Smart Meter' app
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict