Jovanovic dismisses Liverpool exit rumours
Monday 04 October 2010
Liverpool forward Milan Jovanovic has dismissed reports that he is unsettled at the club and had threatened to leave in January.
Last week it was claimed the Serbia international, whose free transfer from Standard Liege was secured by Rafael Benitez before he left in the summer, was unhappy at Anfield after seeing his first-team chances dwindle already.
However, the 29-year-old insisted nothing could be further from the truth.
"I am angry. I am new here and all I'm trying to do is work and do what's best for the team," he said.
"It's not important that I am on the bench. I have signed a contract for three years and I want to stay for three years.
"I feel very good at Liverpool and better players than me sit on the bench whether it's here or anywhere else.
"I have to learn and work to be better - it's not a problem.
"I expected a challenge. I expected sometimes to be in the team and sometimes not.
"And also, I don't want to speak about myself - it's much more important to talk about the team."
Latest in Sport
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us