Kean: Goodwillie is 'a natural finisher'
Saturday 06 August 2011
Steve Kean, the Blackburn Rovers manager, has described new signing David Goodwillie as a "great addition" and believes the Scotland international will offer something different to his squad.
Goodwillie joined Blackburn on a four-year contract from Dundee United earlier this week for a fee believed to have been an initial £2m and Kean said: "He's an exciting young player and I think it was time for him to move from Scotland. He's a player that scores all types of goals. I think he'll give us a different dimension. He's bubbly, he's a natural finisher and I think he'll be a great addition."
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Gareth Bale puts five-bedroom Essex mansion up for sale at £2.2m following £86m switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial