Kelly out for month with hamstring tear
Wednesday 02 March 2011
Liverpool defender Martin Kelly has been ruled out for a month after tearing a hamstring during last weekend's defeat at West Ham.
The 20-year-old had enjoyed an extended run in the team, playing 10 of 11 games since Kenny Dalglish's January arrival.
The manager, meanwhile, has assured fans that lessons will be learnt from the defeat at Upton Park. "We will make sure we learn from the mistakes," Dalglish said. "We will look to see where we went wrong and try to repair it. We won't dismiss it."
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive rivalry - after the former Manchester United and Arsenal captains shared ice cream in Warsaw
Sir Alex Ferguson autobiography is 'insulting nonsense' says Roy Keane as relationship between Manchester United legends becomes 'non-existent'
Patrick Vieira put Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp up front in 'greatest' Arsenal team - but there's no room for Cesc Fabregas and Marc Overmars
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent