Kenny Dalglish expects FA to look at Arsene Wenger 'diving' comments
Tuesday 13 March 2012
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has suggested the Football Association could charge his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger for accusing Luis Suarez of diving.
Wenger felt the Uruguay striker dived to win a penalty when the two sides met earlier this month, saying: "Nobody touched him."
But, after it emerged the FA had told managers they were not to talk publicly about potential candidates for the England manager's job, Dalglish feels they could take a dim view of Wenger's criticism of another team's player.
He was quoted on the Daily Mirror's website as saying: "I'm sure the FA will look into it and take him to task.
"If you can't comment on the England manager's position, then I'm sure he can't comment on another player.
"He never said that to me, 'Suarez is a diver.' He said it was a fantastic performance and they were very fortunate to win."
Latest in Sport
Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
CM Punk 'never ever ever' returning to WWE (so he probably will)
Tottenham and Arsenal in battle for Douglas Costa? Brazil forward opens up Shakhtar Donetsk exit possibility
Manchester United transfer news: Completed summer deals
James Rodriguez joins Real Madrid: World Cup top scorer completes £63m move
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains