Kenny Dalglish expects FA to look at Arsene Wenger 'diving' comments
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has suggested the Football Association could charge his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger for accusing Luis Suarez of diving.
Wenger felt the Uruguay striker dived to win a penalty when the two sides met earlier this month, saying: "Nobody touched him."
But, after it emerged the FA had told managers they were not to talk publicly about potential candidates for the England manager's job, Dalglish feels they could take a dim view of Wenger's criticism of another team's player.
He was quoted on the Daily Mirror's website as saying: "I'm sure the FA will look into it and take him to task.
"If you can't comment on the England manager's position, then I'm sure he can't comment on another player.
"He never said that to me, 'Suarez is a diver.' He said it was a fantastic performance and they were very fortunate to win."
McDowell did brilliantly to land the World Match Play title in Bulgaria last week, but it’s a format...
by Gareth Purnell
23 May 2013 09:13 AM
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness Ingrid Loyau-Kennett gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.