Lambert backs axed McCarthy
Saturday 24 March 2012
Paul Lambert, the Norwich City manager, said yesterday that Wolves, whom his team face at Carrow Road today, were wrong to sack Mick McCarthy.
"I think the drive and passion he has for the game might have stood them in good stead," said Lambert . "That's taking nothing from Terry [Connor, the Wolves caretaker] because he was part of it. He's been thrown in at the deep end and you have to sink or swim."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up