Lampard keen to extend Chelsea stay
Tuesday 22 November 2011
Frank Lampard has insisted there is no chance of him quitting Chelsea and revealed he wants to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge.
England midfielder Lampard has been linked with a move to Los Angeles Galaxy as a big-name replacement for David Beckham.
The 33-year-old has less than two years left on his existing Chelsea deal and his future looked less than certain earlier this season when he was rotated in and out of the side.
But he has regained his status as a virtual ever-present in recent weeks and hopes to do enough to earn a new deal.
"As it stands, I have this season and next season and I would love to extend that," he said in the Evening Standard.
"As long as the club want me, I will be here.
"Whatever anyone says about me going anywhere else, I will be here, without a doubt."
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'