Leon Britton extends contract at Swansea
Friday 30 March 2012
Swansea midfielder Leon Britton hopes to end his career with the club after signing a new three-year contract that will keep him at the Liberty Stadium until the summer of 2015.
Britton, 29, still had a year remaining on his existing deal, but manager Brendan Rodgers was keen to tie the playmaker to a longer contract after watching him turn in a string of fine performances in Swansea's maiden Barclays Premier League campaign.
Britton told the club website: "I'm pleased to complete the deal. It was an easy decision for me to make, although I still find it strange when I look back to the day I left for Sheffield United.
"I didn't even think I would be back in Swansea colours, let alone playing for the club in the Premier League armed with a new three-year contract."
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police