Lewis Holtby could join Tottenham this month suggest Schalke
Germany international has signed pre-contract agreement
Monday 07 January 2013
Schalke are open to allowing Lewis Holtby move to Tottenham this month, according to managing director Horst Heldt.
Spurs last week reached an agreement with the Germany midfielder to move to White Hart Lane when his contract with the Gelsenkirchen club expires in the summer.
But Heldt said that could be brought forward if terms can be reached with Spurs.
Quoted in the Daily Mail, he said: "If Tottenham ask for Holtby in the January window, we will talk to them about it. Nothing has happened yet, but, from our point of view, we are prepared to speak to them.
"It would have to be done quickly, because we would have to find a replacement for him."
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Gareth Bale puts five-bedroom Essex mansion up for sale at £2.2m following £86m switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial