Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1: Has Wojciech Szczesny used Flappy Bird to suggest it's 'Game Over' for Arsenal's title challenge?
Polish goalkeeper had also labelled the performance as 'embarrassing'
Sunday 09 February 2014
A well-executed gesture, or just a case of bad timing?
After the painful 5-1 thrashing Arsenal suffered at the hands of Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday, their bemused goalkeeper Wojciech Szcesny posted a screen-shot from the popular smartphone game Flappy Bird complete with the caption 'Game Over', but was he really talking about the Gunners' title aspirations?
Clearly aggrieved after conceding five to their fellow title hopefuls Liverpool, at 6pm yesterday, after Chelsea leapfrogged the Gunners to the top of the Premier League by a point, the Polish goalkeeper posted his score of the addictive game on his official Facebook page. The post has generated over 30,000 'likes' from his followers.
But the 23-year-old did not stop there...two hours later he described the Gunners performance as "F*****g embarrassing" and apologised to the Arsenal supporters for the team's performance.
"That was f****ing embarrassing," he wrote. "Apologies to anyone who sat through 90mins of that game."
Latest in Sport
Petr Cech demands talks over Chelsea future as Thibaut Courtois begs him to stay – as mentor
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
Besiktas vs Arsenal player ratings: Alexis Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Calum Chambers - who was the Gunners star man?
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict