Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1: Player ratings
Man-for-man marking of the Premier League fixture at Anfield
Liverpool put in one of the best 20 minute displays in Premier League history to build a lead they would not surrender, as they comfortably beat the Premier League leaders Arsenal on Saturday.
After Martin Skrtel scored in the opening minute, Brendan Rodgers' side never looked like losing. Skrtel added a second as well as a brace from England youngster Raheem Sterling and another from Daniel Sturridge, with a consolation Mikel Arteta penalty giving the Gunners more than they deserved in a dreadful showing.
The victory moves Liverpool five points clear of Everton in fourth place, and just six points off leaders Arsenal, who could be overtaken by both Chelsea and Manchester City this weekend.
Find out how each player rated below:
Latest in Sport
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia