Liverpool fan greets Mario Balotelli with strange ‘Why Always Me’ ice bucket challenge
'Super Mario' is greeted in surreal fashion by one Liverpool supporter
Saturday 23 August 2014
As Mario Balotelli flew into Liverpool to undergo a medical ahead of completing his £16m switch from AC Milan, one excitable Reds supporter - armed with a marker pen and an ice bucket - paid tribute to the Italian outside the club's training ground.
As the delirious fanfare reached fever pitch, the fan in question opted to get a friend to scribble 'Why always me?' onto his back.
He wasn't finished there, however, as he then poured a bucket of water over his head while flexing his muscles in front of Balotelli's vehicle as the Italy international left the training complex.
Perpetrator of perhaps the funniest ALS 'bucket challenge' yet, the mysterious figure's identity remains unknown.
While many prospective players may have been put off by the Liverpool fan's bizarre antics, it is highly likely that Balotelli was flattered by the gesture.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland