Liverpool mocked as rival fans hijack #ThankYouTonyPulis on Twitter to show images of Reds' collapse at Selhurst Park
Liverpool's 3-3 draw at Selhurst Park was crucial in the title race
Friday 15 August 2014
Liverpool have been mocked on social media after fans of rival clubs hijacked the Twitter hashtag #ThakYouTony Pulis to post images of the club's collapse at Selhurst Park.
Up 3-0, Liverpool somehow managed to ship three goals in the final stages to allow Palace to recover a point at Selhurst Park.
The game ended with Luis Suarez in tears and Liverpool, who had won 11 games in a row before defeat at home to Chelsea, dropped another crucial two points in the title race.
Manchester City, of course, went on to win the Premier League by two points.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall