Luka Modric will decide Tottenham future after Euro 2012
Wednesday 16 May 2012
Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric is in no rush to sort out his club future.
The 26-year-old, who was at the centre of one of last summer's most protracted transfer sagas over a move to Chelsea which did not materialise, will wait until after the European Championship to make any decisions.
The Croatia international told the Daily Mirror: "I will decide about my future after the Euros.
"I will make the decision where to continue my career. I'm ready for the big tests."
Tottenham's participation in the Champions League next term depends on the result of this season's final, as Chelsea will take the fourth available spot if they beat Bayern Munich on Saturday.
Latest in Sport
How Manchester United manager David Moyes must wish for some of Manuel Pellegrini’s problems
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
World Cup 2014: Your guide to Group A - Brazil; Croatia; Mexico; Cameroon
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail