Man City without Kompany for Swansea game
Friday 09 March 2012
Manchester City will be without captain Vincent Kompany for Sunday's Barclays Premier League trip to Swansea.
The Belgium defender suffered a calf injury in last night's Europa League loss at Sporting Lisbon and the club are yet to learn the full extent of the damage.
Fellow defenders Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott should be fit but another, right-back Pablo Zabaleta (hamstring), remains sidelined and striker Carlos Tevez is still short of match-fitness.
Provisional squad: Hart, Pantilimon, Richards, Lescott, Savic, K Toure, Clichy, Kolarov, Milner, Johnson, Nasri, Barry, Y Toure, De Jong, Pizarro, Silva, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave