Manchester City defender Micah Richards out for four months
Wednesday 31 October 2012
Micah Richards will be out of action for far longer than originally feared and expects to be sidelined for up to four months after having surgery on the knee injury he suffered on Saturday.
The 24-year-old defender had an operation late on Monday night following damage suffered during the 1-0 league win over Swansea.
Richards said: "I knew straight away in the game that it was a bad injury. I couldn't straighten it.
"I have a brace on it and I am using crutches. I can't do anything for the next four to six weeks and I am probably looking at 12-16 weeks before I am back in action. The positive thing is the knee will be as good as new."
Latest in Sport
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women