Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry handed one-match ban
Thursday 13 December 2012
Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry has been banned for one match after admitting to abusing Mark Clattenburg, the fourth official during the derby defeat to Manchester United last weekend.
The 31-year-old "reluctantly" accepted the punishment, which includes an £8,000 fine, and will miss the trip to Newcastle on Saturday. He will return to Roberto Mancini's squad for the home game against Reading on 22 December.
Latest in Sport
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia