Manchester City recall Dedryck Boyata from FC Twente
Premier League champions frustrated by lack of playing time for defender
Tuesday 08 January 2013
Premier League champions Manchester City have recalled Dedryck Boyata from his loan at Eredivisie side FC Twente.
A statement on City's official website read: "The Belgian defender could well continue his education at another club in the coming weeks having played just eight games for Steve McLaren's side."
The 22-year-old spent also last season on loan with Bolton, but was unable to prevent the Trotters being relegated to the npower Championship.
City have also revealed that Italian striker Luca Scapuzzi, 21, has joined Serie B side AS Varese on loan until the end of the season.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts