Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli sidelined with virus ahead of Reading match
Premier League team news
Friday 21 December 2012
Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli will miss the champions' Barclays Premier League clash with Reading this weekend after suffering from a virus.
Captain and defender Vincent Kompany (groin) is hoping to prove his fitness while midfielders James Milner (hamstring) and Gareth Barry (suspension) return.
Forward Samir Nasri (hamstring) will miss the game and the Boxing Day trip to Sunderland while defender Aleksandar Kolarov (knee) is also out this weekend.
Provisional squad: Hart, Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Maicon, Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott, K Toure, Clichy, Milner, Y Toure, Garcia, Barry, Silva, Sinclair, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Razak.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall