Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero steps up recovery
Wednesday 12 September 2012
Striker Sergio Aguero has returned to training with Manchester City as he continues his rehabilitation following a knee injury.
City this morning published a series of photographs on their official website of the Argentina international doing work at their Carrington training ground.
The pictures show Aguero, who sustained the knee problem in the Blues' Barclays Premier League opener against Southampton on August 19, stretching and running with a club physio and doing some ball work.
City had been optimistic, following the results of a scan on the injury, that the 24-year-old would be back in action by mid-September, although a caption with the pictures today said: "Whether (the league match on Saturday away against) Stoke is too soon for a return or not remains to be seen."
Latest in Sport
Kevin Pietersen saga: Chris Gayle offers untimely reminder of absent friend
Ashley Cole and Luke Shaw rise to the bait to deny they are the rumoured 'gay England footballer'
Former British tennis No 1 Elena Baltacha told she has liver cancer
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United: Is Wayne Rooney really in Robin van Persie’s way at United?
Robin van Persie: Manchester United manager David Moyes a 'little bit surprised' after striker plays 90 minutes for Netherlands day after being sick
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast