Manchester United announce friendly against J.League outfit Cerezo Osaka
United will go on tour in the summer
Manchester United will take on J.League outfit Cerezo Osaka this summer as part of their pre-season preparations.
It is the second fixture during a short stint in Japan, which is bound to be well received given the presence of Shinji Kagawa in Sir Alex Ferguson's squad.
The game, on July 26, will take place at the 50,000-capacity Nagai Stadium, where England ground out a goalless draw with Nigeria at the 2002 World Cup.
United have already confirmed they will face Yokohama F Marinos on July 23, and have also arranged matches in Sydney and Hong Kong as part of their summer tour.
"Manchester United first visited Japan over 20 years ago and our fans have always shown great support for the club," said chief executive David Gill.
"We are all looking forward to returning and playing a great game against Cerezo Osaka."
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.