Manchester United lead Dzeko chase
Monday 14 December 2009
Manchester United's hopes of signing Edin Dzeko have been boosted today after it was revealed AC Milan have cooled their interest in the striker.
Reports today quote Milan managing director Adriano Galliani as saying: "We are looking for an out and out attacker. We like Dzeko, but he doesn't have the characteristics we are looking for."
Milan had been considered United's main rivals for the Wolfsburg striker's signature but it would now appear the way is clear for United to sign the player in January.
The 23-year-old Bosnian helped Wolfsburg to the German title last year and has continued his good form this term. He scored against Sir Alex Ferguson's team in both Champions League group stage matches.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Jagielka: Moyes needs to bring in his own players
United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration