Manchester United linked with Maicon swoop
Wednesday 07 October 2009
Maicon's agent believes Manchester United have upped their interest in the Inter Milan defender but insists there are no offers on the table.
The Brazil international joined Inter from Monaco in 2006 and has developed into a key player in the Nerazzurri team since Jose Mourinho took over two years ago.
Maicon's impressive performances have caught the eye around Europe but Antonio Caliendo insists the 28-year-old is remaining at the San Siro for the time being.
"United's interest in my client is not something new," he told Tuttopremier.it. "They have been following him for a while.
"Now it seems to me that they are pressing for him but I don't think there has been any concrete offers yet."
Latest in Sport
Angel Di Maria reveals wish to return to Argentina - but don't worry Manchester United fans...
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Robin van Persie reveals Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to 'be more Dutch and pull on the same rope'
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month