Manchester United v Liverpool: 10 talking points ahead of the Premier League meeting
Manchester United's meeting with Liverpool promises to be the highlight of an exciting weekend of sport
The sides meet at Old Trafford on Sunday lunchtime and for both teams, there's much on the line.
As well as getting one over their feircest rivals, Liverpool are still battling for the Premier League title, while for Manchester United victory keeps alive their slim hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.
Whatever the result, history shows this a game with a tendency for controversy as well as classic encounters.
But what are the talking points around the latest meeting? We take a look...
Manchester United will take on Liverpool at 1:30pm on Sunday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy