Marouane Fellaini hopeful of Champions League qualification with Everton
Belgian targets top-four finish with Toffees
Tuesday 11 December 2012
Midfielder Marouane Fellaini is keen for Everton to maintain their place in the top four in order to qualify for the Champions League.
The Belgium international was named Barclays Premier League player of the month for November after scoring four goals and being involved in creating two more.
He has been used in a more advanced midfield role by manager David Moyes this season and the 25-year-old, who has regularly been linked with a number of clubs, is enjoying himself.
"At the moment I am playing well. I am happy - but the most important things are the team and the club," the eight-goal midfielder told evertonfc.com.
"I try to give my maximum in every game. The manager likes it when I play in attack, so at the moment, it's good for me and the club.
"I've been scoring the goals and I work hard on the pitch.
"This season we have played well. We thank the fans because we have great support.
"Everybody wants to play Champions League next season so we work hard for this and hopefully we can finish in the top four."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Latest in Sport
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant